www.ourlittlecraftcompany.co.uk

Pop over to our website at www.ourlittlecraftcompany.co.uk

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy New Year!


Belated I know, but have a lovely fun filled fantastic year full of love and surprises!

That said. I hate January.

I’m getting better at it, but I would still rather hibernate till mid May, unfortunately I’m not allowed so instead I’m throwing myself into de cluttering, organizing & planning.

I’ve made a start on remodelling the office into a more viable work space so that I don’t have to keep spreading throughout the rest of the house & I’m hoping this will lead to a happier work/life balance. I know that this is unlikely, cos what they don’t tell you when you decide to live the dream and work for yourself is that the boss is generally a bitch.
( I know, I couldn’t believe it either, but she is. Other bosses are generally only around 9 till 5 but not mine. No.  She nags me to just do that one last job before I call it a day and before I know it its gone midnight. She also makes me eat an inhuman amount of chocolate, then tells me I’m fat, what a cow!)
As you can see it was desperate in there!



Anyway I’m hoping that if I can get a workspace that works for me then I will be able to close the door on it at a reasonable hour and work smarter and harder while I’m in there.  I can dream can’t I?
The hardest thing is throwing stuff out, I’m a natural hoarder but when it comes to crafty bits I’m a nightmare, I can think of a use for everything. It’s a blessing and a curse! But I’m being very strict and have bagged and boxed loads of treasures for the charity shop and dump.  I’ve stripped down the shelves and planned a rough layout of what’s going where and I’m feeling cautiously optimistic that its going to be as fabulous as a 10ft square room can be. 

Wish me luck!
Lisa x




No comments:

Post a Comment